Sunday, January 4, 2009

Revolutionize

You really should make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do the things which you may previously have never thought of doing, or been too hesitant or scared to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet they will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a mans living spirit is his passion for adventure. Hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. If you want to get more out of life you must lose your inclination for monotonous security and adopt a helter-skelter sort of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy, but once you become accustomed to such a life you will see its full meaning and its incredible beauty.

But i fear that you will ignore my advice. You may think that i am stubborn but you are even more stubborn than i am. I fear you will follow this same inclination in the future and thus fail to discover all the wonderful things that are placed around us, just waiting to be discovered by us. Don't settle down and sit in one place. Move around, be nomadic, make each day a new life. You are gonna live a long time and it would be a shame if you did not take the opportunity to revolutionize your life and move into an entirely new realm of experience.

We just have to have the courage to turn against our habitual lifestyle and engage in unconventional living. My point is that you do not need me or anyone else around you to bring this new kind of light in your life. It is simply waiting out there for you to recognize and grasp it. The only person you are fighting is yourself and your apprehension to engage in new circumstances.

"I would rather be ashes than dust.
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.

- Jack London . "

No comments:

Post a Comment